Study Guide Writers
The IMM Graduate School is recruiting for Study Guide Writers in various undergraduate and postgraduate Programmes in the disciplines of:
Supply Chain Management
- Transport and Logistics
- Brand Management
- Business numeracy
- Digital Marketing
- Business Statistics
- Operations Management
- Marketing Research
- Supply Chain Management Research
- Please indicate the Study Guide Writer position you are interested in as per the list above when completing your application form by referring to the discipline. e.g. Study Guide writer Supply Chain Management
- Meeting educational and experiential requirements will be equally important for the successful candidate.
Teaching and study guide writing experience at Tertiary Education level is preferred.
Writing of a Study Guide, per module, in a blended learning and teaching environment, so to ensure that students are guided and supported in their learning within the Programme.
- Write a complete Study Guide, per module, by using the module’s syllabus using the overall Programme Exit-Level Outcomes, Module Outcomes and Associated Assessment Criteria, aligned to the appropriate NQF level.
- This may include reviewing a current Study Guide
- Work in collaboration with internal subject experts.
- Apply a variety of learning materials and resources.
- Actively engage with current trends in learning and teaching strategies within the IMM Graduate School environment.
- Draw on up to date industry trends, information and theoretical frameworks
- Practical examples should be included throughout the Study Guide and Continuous Assessment activities should be included at the end of each study unit in collaboration with internal subject experts.
- Experience in writing study guides
Preferred education is specific to each Programme and NQF Level namely:
For Study Guide Writer of Higher Certificate Programmes:
A relevant Honours degree in Supply Chain Management, Marketing or Business Management and teaching and/or work experience in the module for which applying to write the Study Guide.
For Study Guide Writer of Undergraduate degree Programmes:
A relevant Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Marketing or Business Management and teaching and/or work experience in the module for which applying to write the Study Guide.
For Study Guide Writer of Postgraduate degree Programmes:
A relevant Doctorate degree in Supply Chain Management, Marketing or Business Management and teaching and/or work experience in the module for which applying to write the Study Guide.
- Relevant industry and/or higher education teaching experience is essential, as follows per specialization field of Study Guide Writer vacancy.
- Subject matter expert
- Exposure to latest trends within subject area
- Research capabilities
- Ability to synthesise vast amounts of information
- Creative writing skills
- Academic writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience in writing Study Guides
When emailing your CV as per the instructions on the Application form, please include an example of previous work, or a portfolio of evidence.