The IMM Graduate School of Marketing is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) as a Private Higher Education Institution under the Higher Education Act, 1997. Registration certificate number 2000/HE07/013.
The IMM Graduate School is quality assured by the South African Council on Higher Education (CHE). The IMM Graduate School programmes have been registered by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
Most overseas countries recognise South African qualifications that are registered by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and compare them to specific levels within the country’s education system. All IMM Graduate School qualifications are registered with SAQA.
National Qualifications Framework (NQF)
The format of all qualifications in South Africa is governed by the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) Act, 2008 that came into being through the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). SAQA is responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of the NQF and provides a standard format in which qualifications may be offered by private and public institutions.
The NQF aims to provide qualifications that enjoy national recognition and, where appropriate, international comparability. It also strives to provide clear learning paths in the qualifications’ structures, and facilitates and supports life-long learning and career advancement.
Where the older version of the NQF differentiated between eight levels of qualifications, the reworked NQF now provides for ten different levels of qualifications. Higher education qualifications occupy six levels on the NQF, levels five to ten, referred to as the HEQSF (Higher Education Qualifications Sub-Framework).
The IMM Graduate School was one of the first private institutions to receive accreditation for its programmes in terms of the NQF. As per all higher education institutions, including public universities, the IMM Graduate School has redesigned its programmes to ensure alignment to the HEQSF.
The IMM Graduate School is registered to offer the following programmes:
- Higher Certificate in Marketing (SAQA ID: 86826)
- Higher Certificate in Export Management (SAQA ID: 79427)
- Higher Certificate in Supply Chain Management (SAQA ID: 117683)
- Diploma in Marketing Management (SAQA ID: 79546)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Marketing Management (SAQA ID: 80967)
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) in Marketing and Management Science (SAQA ID: 90737)
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) in International Supply Chain Management (SAQA ID: 110628)
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) Honours in Supply Chain Management (SAQA ID: 117085)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing Management (SAQA ID: 79846)
- Bachelor of Philosophy (BPhil) Honours in Marketing Management (SAQA ID: 79366)
- Masters of Philosophy (MPhil) in Marketing (SAQA ID: 86806)
- Association of Private Providers of Education, Training and Development (APPETD)
- National Association of Distance Education and Open Learning in South Africa (NADEOSA)
- Distance Education Association of South Africa (DEASA)
- The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILTSA)