Diploma in Export Management
Diploma in Export Management
Our Diploma in Export Management is an IMM Qualification on NQF level 6 and is quality assured by the South African Council on Higher Education. You can complete this qualification in 3 years, but if life gets in the way, you have 8 years to wrap it up.
Countries can’t possibly produce all the resources they need to meet the demands of their consumers; they must acquire certain resources from elsewhere. Export managers plan and coordinate the international shipment of goods from their own countries to others. As part of their role, they may also be required to negotiate with shippers, agents and vendors.
This qualification will provide you with an understanding of all export-related matters and the relationship between export and marketing management. Your understanding of export management, international trade and trade law will enable you to manage and apply export-related methods and procedures in the workplace.
Once you have completed this qualification you can continue your learning with IMM Graduate School and apply to do any one of our undergraduate degree programmes. Our BCom in Marketing and Management Science for example, now allows you to specialise in supply chain management.
Duration: Min. 3 years. Max. 8 years.
Full qualification cost:
There are ten learning outcomes in this programme
- Demonstrate an intermediate understanding of export management, international trade and international trade law, marketing, business communication and management principles, economics, financial management, and finance and payments.
- Explain and apply the typical methods and procedures involved in export management and marketing from an export perspective.
- Conduct a search for export opportunities and be able to link the findings to an export and marketing strategy.
- Access and evaluate relevant export information from a wide range of sources, and integrate the information in terms of an export strategy, cognisant of marketing, designed for a specific company.
- Produce and communicate export plans, cognisant of marketing, to senior management.
- Describe how to lead a team of people in an export company in order to implement an export and marketing plan/project.
- Identify and solve management problems in an export and/or logistics company/related to an export project, including cultural differences, foreign exchange and finance etc.
- Discuss the responsibilities of leading a team in the export industry as well as understanding the accountability to senior management in an organisation.
- Show understanding of the code of ethical behaviour in the field of export management and marketing, and base business decisions and actions on appropriate values.
- Illustrate the mastering of life-long learning skills in the broad field of management and support the learning needs of team members.
This programme consists of 19 modules and is structured as follows:
Modules Year 1
- Principles of Marketing (20 credits)
- Academic Literacy (non-credit bearing)
- International Trade (20 credits)
- Principles of Business Communication (20 credits)
- Principles of Business Management (20 credits)
- Export Administration 1 (20 credits)
- Principles of Project Management (20 credits)
Modules Year 2
- Application of Marketing (20 credits)
- Application of Business Management (20 credits)
- Application of Export Administration (20 credits)
- Application of Finance and Payments (20 credits)
- Export Management (20 credits)
- International Trade Law 2 (20 credits)
Modules Year 3
- Business Management Strategy (20 credits)
- Export Trade Strategy (20 credits)
- Entrepreneurship (20 credits)
- Finance and Payments Strategy (20 credits)
- International Economics (20 credits)
- International Trade Law 3 (20 credits)
|Fees for Diploma Programmes||SA Fee per module|
|New student registration fee (once-off payment)||R1 800.00 (non-refundable)|
|Semester fee||R600.00 (non-refundable)|
|Assessment fee per module||R3 350.00|
|Late registration fee per module an addition||R550.00 per module|
* Assumes completion over a 3 year period and
** Prices subject to increases on an annual basis