Higher Certificate in Marketing
Higher Certificate in Marketing
SAQA ID: 86826
Marketing is one of the most important things a business can do. Not only does marketing build brand awareness but it can also increase sales, grow businesses and engage customers. There are so many core business functions that stem from a good marketing plan. In fact, marketing is more important today than ever before. The world is awash with new offerings, innovations, technologies, business models, products, services etc. These new offerings must be brought to market and commercialised in order to generate revenue and profit for the organisation. Marketing is what enables this. If business leaders want to thrive in today’s competitive, cluttered, commoditising marketplace, they need to unleash the powerful potential of marketing.
Marketers are involved in many aspects of a business including product development, pricing strategy, distribution of products and promotion. Whenever consumers purchase a product, marketing is involved. A career in marketing is exciting, challenging, and rewarding. This qualification will open up great career opportunities for you, such as digital marketing, brand management, market research, sales or advertising, to name but a few. Once qualified, you will be able to link marketing activities to the various functions of a business. You will also be able to solve basic marketing and business problems that may arise within the workplace.
After completion of your Higher Certificate, you can continue your learning with IMM Graduate School and apply to do any one of our diploma or undergraduate degree programmes. Our BBA in Marketing Management for example, is a highly sought-after qualification. Employers in the marketing industry ask for it by name.
Duration: Min. 1 year. Max. 4 years.
Full qualification cost from:
Programme Exit Level Outcomes
Once you have completed your degree you will be capable of:
- Demonstrating an elementary understanding of literacy with respect to academic writing, technology, numeracy and communications.
- Displaying an elementary but broad scope of knowledge in the field of business and be able to link marketing activities to the functioning of organisations.
- Associating and describing within a business context, the systems within which organisations operate and be able to link these to marketing opportunities.
- Explaining the typical elementary methods and procedures involved in marketing.
- Explaining the theories typically applied in the field of marketing and business management.
- Solving elementary marketing and business problems in organisations.
- Accessing, processing and applying foundational marketing information, in view of ethical behaviour.
This popular qualification is offered on NQF level 5 and is quality assured by the South African Council on Higher Education. You can complete this qualification in one year, but if life gets in the way, you have 4 years to wrap it up.
This programme consists of seven modules and is structured as follows:
- Fundamentals of Marketing (20 credits)
- Academic Literacy (15 credits)
- Fundamentals of Business Management (20 credits)
- Fundamentals of Business Numeracy (20 credits)
- Fundamentals of Digital Marketing (20 credits)
- Fundamentals of Sales Management (20 credits)
- Fundamentals of Supply Chain Management (20 credits) or
- Fundamentals of Project Management (20 credits) or
- Fundamentals of Business Communication (20 credits)
|Fees for Higher Certificate Programmes||SA Fee per module|
|New student registration fee (once-off payment)||R1 950.00 (non-refundable)|
|Semester fee||R700.00 (non-refundable)|
|Assessment fee per module||R3 650.00|
* Assumes completion over a 1 year period and
** Prices subject to increases on an annual basis
* The above pricing applies to distance learning and excludes eTutorials and Contact Tutorials offered by the IMM Graduate School. For a complete breakdown of costing, please contact an IMM Graduate School regional office and we will be able to assist in providing you with a full cost breakdown.