Masters of Philosophy (MPhil) in Marketing
Master of Philosophy (MPhil) in Marketing
SAQA ID: 86806
Our Master of Philosophy in Marketing Programme is an IMM Graduate School Qualification on NQF level 9 and is quality assured by the South African Council on Higher Education. You can complete this qualification in a minimum of 18 months, but if life gets in the way, you have 3 years to wrap it up.
Marketing is all about knowing your customer and making sure that all their product and service needs are met. The goal of our Master’s programme is to equip you with specialist knowledge of various research methodologies and to expose you to advanced marketing models and theories in a very practical way. By the end of the programme, you will be competent in designing and implementing research strategies for collecting, processing and managing information in order to produce significant marketing insights and you will have had the opportunity to add to the body of academic knowledge in a specialist marketing area.
Once qualified, you can use your superior knowledge of sourcing marketing intelligence and initiating research to collect and leverage the data at your disposal to the advantage of your organisation. You will be equipped to identify opportunities and creatively analyse complex strategic problems. You may even find yourself designing and applying your own methods and techniques for researching and investigating challenging marketing problems.
On completion of this qualification, you will have mastered the art of information collection and analysis to inform strategic marketing initiatives and will have the confidence to initiate, lead and implement data collection and analysis processes and systems in a marketing division of a global company.
Duration: Min. 18 months. Max. 3 years.
Full qualification cost:
Programme Exit Level Outcomes
There are nine learning outcomes for this Programme
- Demonstrate specialist knowledge of marketing intelligence to enable engagement with and critique of current marketing research and practice.
- Design, select and apply appropriate and creative methods and techniques to engage with advanced marketing theory and investigate complex marketing problems.
- Design and implement a strategy for processing and managing information in order to conduct a comprehensive review of leading and current research in the area of marketing to produce significant insights.
- Apply a wide range of specialised skills in identifying, conceptualising, designing, and applying quantitative and qualitative market research methods, and implement an appropriate process of enquiry for the area of study.
- Use insight and understanding as resources of academic and professional discourse to communicate and defend ideas and products of research in an area of specialisation.
- Demonstrate advanced scholarship skills and research knowledge to use in a range of advanced and specialised skills application and marketing discourses to communicate to a range of audiences.
- Apply ethics in marketing research, and understand the implications of complex ethical issues in gathering marketing intelligence, reporting on this and in implementing marketing strategies.
- Demonstrate specialist knowledge of advanced marketing research techniques to supervise, implement, and assist with marketing research projects conducted by others in your organisation.
- Lead and/or initiate processes, and implement systems in a marketing division or company.
|Fees for MPhil in Marketing||SA Fee per module|
|New student registration fee (once-off payment)||R1 950.00 (non-refundable)|
|Application fee for MPhil (non-IMM Graduate School graduates)||R3 000.00 (non-refundable)|
|Application fee for MPhil (IMM Graduate School graduates)||R1 200.00 (non-refundable)|
|MPhil Induction Workshop (payable end of February)||R 9 000.00|
|Dissertation semester 1 (payable at start of the semester)||R17 000.00|
|Dissertation semester 2 (payable at the start of the semester)||R17 000.00 |
|Dissertation semester 3 (payable at the start of the semester)||R17 000.00|
Note: If the Programme is not completed within the 18 month minimum period, the student will be invoiced for additional semesters at the rate applicable at the time of billing.
The prices to be subject to increase on an annual basis.
• MPhil Induction Workshop (payable end of February)
• Dissertation semester 1 (payable at start of the semester)
• Dissertation semester 2 (payable at the start of the semester)
• Dissertation semester 3 (payable at the start of the semester)
* Assumes completion over a 1 year period and
** Prices subject to increases on an annual basis