Diploma in Marketing Management
Diploma in Marketing Management
SAQA ID: 79546
Our Diploma in Marketing Management is an IMM qualification on NQF level 6 and is quality assured by the South African Council on Higher Education. You can complete this qualification in 3 years, but if life gets in the way, you have 8 years to wrap it up.In the face of globalisation, the success of a business is determined by how well it can market itself in the real world. The demand for skilled marketers has increased and the title of ‘marketing manager’ is now one of the most in-demand job titles. Many of SA‘s top marketers are IMM Graduates. The marketing industry has many career options and specialisations; from digital marketing to media buying, market research, brand management and sales, to name but a few.
With this qualification you will have a broad understanding of marketing and the functional areas within an organisation. This will help you to solve practical marketing problems and contribute to the success of any organisation.
After completing this qualification, you can continue your learning with IMM Graduate School and apply to do any one of our undergraduate degree programmes. Our BBA in Marketing Management for example, is a highly sought-after qualification. Employers in the marketing industry ask for it by name.
Programme Exit Level Outcomes
There are nine learning outcomes in this programme
- Master a broad knowledge of marketing principles and basic application skills in the marketing field.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of business management knowledge, functional areas within an organisation and how it applies to the business environment.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of the principles of project management and how these principles should be applied in a marketing environment.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of the principles of financial management knowledge and how it applies to the marketing and business environment to understand how the marketing activities pursued will be affected by the finance function or may have an impact on the finance function.
- Solve practical marketing problems by applying skills learned in the relevant marketing modules.
- Select, apply and evaluate typical methods and procedure to assist in making informed marketing and business decisions.
- Produce a strategic marketing plan including a detailed implementation plan.
- Practically apply workplace scenarios contained in case studies, scenarios and in practical and workplace settings, draw on the models, theories and concepts taught during the 3 year study period on the Programme, and to practically integrate the full range of theory to practice based situations which may contain significant parallels to workplace realities in an effort to mirror the ‘real world’ marketing executives are expected to deal with in a constantly changing business environment.
- Identify the tools required to successfully start and manage a small business.
This programme consists of 18 modules and is structured as follows:
Modules Year 1
- Principles of Marketing (20 credits)
- Academic Skills Development (non-credit bearing)
- Principles of Business Communication (20 credits)
- Principles of Business Management (20 credits)
- Principles of Digital Marketing (20 credits)
- Principles of Financial Management (20 credits)
- Principles of Project Management (20 credits)
Modules Year 2
- Application of Marketing (20 credits)
- Application of Business Management (20 credits)
- Application of Digital & Mobile Marketing (20 credits)
- Application of Financial Management (20 credits)
- Business Law (20 credits)
- Marketing Communications (20 credits)
- Marketing Research (20 credits)
Modules Year 3
- Strategic Marketing (20 credits)
- Entrepreneurship (20 credits)
- Human Resource Management (20 credits)
- Marketing Project (40 credits)