Higher Certificate in Marketing
Higher Certificate in Marketing
SAQA ID: 118439
Marketing is one of the most important things a business can do. Not only does marketing build brand awareness but it can also increase sales, grow businesses and engage customers. There are so many core business functions that stem from a good marketing plan. In fact, marketing is more important today than ever before. The world is awash with new offerings, innovations, technologies, business models, products, services etc. These new offerings must be brought to market and commercialised in order to generate revenue and profit for the organisation. Marketing is what enables this. If business leaders want to thrive in today’s competitive, cluttered, commoditising marketplace, they need to unleash the powerful potential of marketing.
Marketers are involved in many aspects of a business including product development, pricing strategy, distribution of products and promotion. Whenever consumers purchase a product, marketing is involved. A career in marketing is exciting, challenging, and rewarding. This qualification will open up great career opportunities for you, such as digital marketing, brand management, market research, sales or advertising, to name but a few. Once qualified, you will be able to link marketing activities to the various functions of a business. You will also be able to solve basic marketing and business problems that may arise within the workplace.
After completion of your Higher Certificate, you can continue your learning with IMM Graduate School and apply to do any one of our diploma or undergraduate degree programmes. Our BBA in Marketing Management for example, is a highly sought-after qualification. Employers in the marketing industry ask for it by name.
Duration: Min. 1 year. Max. 4 years.
Programme Exit Level Outcomes
Once you have completed your degree you will be capable of:
- Demonstrating an elementary understanding of literacy with respect to academic writing, technology, numeracy and communications.
- Displaying an elementary but broad scope of knowledge in the field of business and be able to link marketing activities to the functioning of organisations.
- Associating and describing within a business context, the systems within which organisations operate and be able to link these to marketing opportunities.
- Explaining the typical elementary methods and procedures involved in marketing.
- Explaining the theories typically applied in the field of marketing and business management.
- Solving elementary marketing and business problems in organisations.
- Accessing, processing and applying foundational marketing information, in view of ethical behaviour.
The Higher Certificate in Marketing is offered as a basic entry-level marketing qualification at level 5 of the NQF (HEQSF aligned) and consists of 135 credits. The Higher Certificate in Marketing comprises seven modules:
- Academic Literacy (15 credits)
- Fundamentals of Business Communication (20 credits)
- Fundamentals of Business Management (20 credits)
- Fundamentals of Business Numeracy (20 credits)
- Fundamentals of Digital Marketing (20 credits)
- Fundamentals of Marketing (20 credits)
- Fundamentals of Supply Chain Management (20 credits)