Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing Management
Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing Management
SAQA ID: 78946
Our Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing Management is an IMM Qualification on NQF level 8 and is quality assured by the South African Council on Higher Education. You can complete this qualification in a year, but if life gets in the way, you have 4 years to wrap it up.
By now you are already well versed in business, but perhaps want to change careers, elevate your qualification or management level, or simply wish to focus more on Marketing and the management thereof. The main objective of this qualification is to equip you with the latest insights into the models and approaches of marketing today, and to give your CV an edge in the marketplace.
If you want to be in a position where you can identify and develop strategies to meet consumer needs in a profitable way, then this postgraduate diploma is recommended. This qualification is highly practical in nature. You will learn and apply methods for analysing, investigating and strategically solving complex marketing problems through relevant case studies.
Once you have completed this qualification, you can continue your learning with IMM Graduate School by applying to do our Bachelor of Philosophy Honours in Marketing Management programme. This will make you a serious contender for executive marketing positions globally.
Programme Exit Level Outcomes
There are nine learning outcomes in this programme
- Demonstrate advanced skills in implementing marketing knowledge and principles, appreciating how it contributes to and draws on the other functional areas of business.
- Understand and take full responsibility for a marketing position as a functional leader as well as being a contributing member of a management team in an organisation.
- Provide an assessment of an organisation’s internal strengths and capabilities, as well as the external environment opportunities, and link the organisational resources with practical marketing activities in the field when interacting with clients.
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of the national and international economic context within which organisations offer their products and services to clients and institute practical action steps to capitalise on marketing opportunities the environment presents.
- Demonstrate the application of academic knowledge in evaluating and selecting relevant information from the field and processing this for the purpose of developing a plan for the active management of key accounts as well as the generic expansion of the client base.
- Produce an action plan for identifying new clients, using appropriate information on the products and services offered by the business and documenting this for communicating the marketing plan to management.
- Develop appropriate systems and methods for evaluating business progress and for quantifying the personal contribution to organisation-wide targets.
- Illustrate an understanding of the ongoing need for mastering life-long learning strategies in the rapidly changing field of marketing management.
- Identify and address ethical frameworks in the field of marketing management and base decisions and actions on appropriate values in keeping with generally accepted and sound principles of ethical behaviour.
The programme is assessed as follows:
- Submission of assignments in each module except Applied Marketing Project. (Refer to the calendar of events).
- An open book examination in Applied Brand Management and Communications and Applied Global Marketing Dynamics. (Refer to the examination timetable).
- Completion of an online Applied Marketing Project. This module is presented , in the form of a marketing simulation game. No examination is required. There are however continuous ongoing assessments in the form of online tasks, culminating in a final online assignment
The Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing Management is offered at level 8 of the NQF (HEQSF aligned) and consists of 120 credits. The Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing Management comprises five modules:
- Applied Brand Management and Communications (20 credits)
- Applied Digital Marketing Dynamics (20 credits)
- Applied Marketing Metrics (20 credits)
- Applied Marketing Project (40 credits)
- Applied Marketing Leadership (20 credits)
|Fees for Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing Management||SA Fee per module|
|Application fee for Postgraduate Diploma (non-IMM Graduate School graduates)||R800.00 (non-refundable)|
|Application fee for Postgraduate Diploma (IMM Graduate School graduates)||R400 .00 (non-refundable)|
|New student registration fee (once-off payment)||R2 100.00 (non-refundable)|
|Semester fee||R750.00 (non-refundable)|
|Module fee (excluding Applied Marketing Project)||R7 000.00|
|Applied Marketing Project||R11 300.00|
|Professional Development||R1 500.00|
* Assumes completion over a 1 year period and
** Prices subject to increases on an annual basis
* The above pricing applies to distance learning and excludes eTutorials and Contact Tutorials offered by the IMM Graduate School. For a complete breakdown of costing, please contact an IMM Graduate School regional office and we will be able to assist in providing you with a full cost breakdown.
I want to study Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing Management
"*" indicates required fields